Friday, October 20, 2017

Keeper of the Plains - Wichita, Ks


I'm currently reading "Love Finds you on Christmas Morning" on my Kindle app on my tablet.  Two wonderful stories of the same house -- set 85 years apart.



 Two women receive marriage proposals in the same house—eight-five years apart. Love finds a home on Christmas morning in two heartwarming holiday stories. 

“Deck the Halls”
And 
"’Tis the Season”




And, I wanted to share some photos with you that I took of a Wichita Attraction called "Keeper of the Plains".  You can read more about this Statue at this article

The 44', 5 ton stylized sculpture of an Indian Chief was designed by Native American artist Blackbear Bosin (1921-1980) and constructed by Tom Washburn of Architectural Metal Products.






Its fun to walk on the Bridge!   


There is a nice path that you can walk near this River 




And, you can rent bikes to ride near this Attraction! 


Have a great day! 


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great book. I love the awesome photos of this cool historical place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Melissa! So glad you shared it. Did you happen to see it at night? It's hauntingly beautiful with those fires burning. By the way, I still wish we lived close together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, What an awesome bridge and beautiful sculpture! Having never been to Kansas, I enjoyed the glimpse you shared on this post. The book sounds like a great read for the upcoming holidays. Joan-My Cookie Clinic

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, thanks so much for stopping by!

Favorite Quilting Blogs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...